Automatically add events to the calendar
It is possible to have events (and corresponding date suggestions) automatically included in your calendar. This works by adding an 'internet calendar' to your calendar application. As soon as a date is selected, the other date suggestions are automatically removed. To do this, having an account is necessary. If you don't have an account yet, you will have to create one first and confirm it before you can proceed with the instructions below.
- Sign in on the website
- Click on 'Account' in the top right corner
- Navigate to the 'Settings' tab
- Under the heading 'Internet calendar (calendar feed)', click on the 'activate' button (if applicable)
Copy the URL that appears in the fieldBy default, all occurrences (suggested and/or pinned dates) of your events are included in the internet calendar, until the date(s) of an event are finalized. Then, only the final date is shown. However, if for current events you want to see only suggested dates where you have indicated 'Yes' or 'Maybe' or only final dates, you can change this using the filter:
Adding internet calendar to your calendar applicationIt differs per calendar application how the link should be implemented. Therefore, you need to follow the steps of the calendar application in which you are going to add the internet calendar.Outlook 2016 (as a program on your computer, not through a browser)1. Open Outlook
2. Go to the calendar module
3. At the top of the toolbar under the 'Manage calendars' group, click 'Open calendar’ (if the toolbar is not visible, click 'Folder' first)
4. Select the option 'From Internet'
5. Paste the URL and click ‘OK'Outlook.com1. Open outlook.com (and log in)
2. In the top left menu, choose 'Agenda'.
3. Choose 'Add calendar' at the top
4. Then choose 'From internet'
5. Paste the URL, add a name and click ‘Save'Google.com1. Open calendar.google.com (and log in)
2. In the left sidebar, on the right of 'Somebody else's calendar’, click on the plus button
3. Choose 'Via URL'
4. Paste the URL and click 'Add calendar'
5. Click 'Add calendar', after which the event(s) should appear in your calendarNote: Unfortunately Google does not retrieve the URL regularly, so it may take a long time to update your calendar. See complaints at Google.Using another programIf you are using another program, you will need to consult the help function and/or the internet for further instructions.