- Launch the Settings app on your device
- Pull down on the interface so will get a Search bar and search for Control Center
- Select the Control Center, scroll down until you find Screen Recording and tap on the green Plus icon to the left of the title.
- Exit Settings and go through the usual iOS process of invoking the Control Center (swipe up from the bottom of the display).
You will now notice that there is a new Screen Recording icon in the overlay.
- Perform a long press gesture on the new Screen Recording option.
You will be presented with a nice new overlay which gives options for starting and stopping recording.
- Tap on Start Recording and then hit the Home button to exit out of this particular display.
- When you have recorded everything that you want to, tap on the aforementioned blue header and stop the recording.
- You can now head into the Photos app as you normally would.